The College of Business at Florida Atlantic University has provided a professional MBA program. The program is conducted at the Boca-Raton Campus or Davie Campus.This is a 23-month professional program with courses offered on weeknights.
The program is structured for those students who lead a busy personal as well as professional life but still want to obtain a better academic achievement. The main priority of the FAU MBA program is to produce mastery in all the components of a graduate level and business administration curriculum through the efforts of both students and faculty members.
The FAU MBA program starts every fall and spring semester at the Boca Raton Campus and every fall semester at the Davie campus. Students can select their own campuses to study according to their choices.
Some of the main features that this program has:
- VIP concierge service
- International business trip
- Individual leadership profile and assessment
- Private, executive coaching sessions
- Network with MBA students on class days
- Top class faculty
- state-of-the-Art Executive Education Facility
- Average class size: 35
- Average work experience: 7 years
- Completion of MBA program in 23 months without any professional interruption.
Throughout this program, students can perform their professional jobs while earning a regionally-accredited MBA degree. The classes begin as a group sharing the same sequence and educational experiences.
The main aim of this MBA program is to develop the leadership quality of every student so that the institution he/she leads can maximize the investments and expansion.
The FAU MBA program consists of 40-46 credits.
- 28 core credits
- 12 specialization credits
- 6 foundation credits in financial accounting and managerial finance
The classes are conducted on every Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the Boca Raton Campus and Monday and Wednesday evenings at the Davie Campus from 6:15 pm to 10:00 pm, with breaks between semesters. Every student of each class starts and learns through the program together. The students take almost the same courses and experience the same educational atmosphere for the next 23 months.
This program consists of 40-46 class hours. The speed and the intensity of the program varies on academic and professional background. It provides a balanced opportunity to every student so that he/she can assimilate with the learning program.
There are various learning methods applied in this program those are:
- Case studies
- Computer simulations of challenging
- Competitive business situations
- Problem solving discussions
- Team presentations
- Individual study
- Visual presentations
- Guest speakers
- Assigned readings
Research and analytical studies are also one of the most important tools to develop thinking abilities in the students.
The FAU MBA program consists of 40-46 credits. They are divided into two categories of courses, they are:
- 28-34 core MBA credits
- 12 elective courses.
The course curriculum of this program is career-centered, it’s main focus is to develop the quality of business management and to give students a clear vision about their future aspirations.
The core courses of this MBA program provides a solid platform in business management and also expands the opportunities to get success in leadership skills and strategies.
The core courses of this program are listed below:
- Financial accounting concepts ( ACG 6027)
- Financial management (FIN 6406)
- Communication strategies for business professionals (GEB6217)
- Contemporary issues in industry/executive forum (GEB 6931) (1 credit)
- Global environment of management (MAN 6937)
- Advanced analysis of accounting data (ACG 6315)
- Advanced marketing management (MAR 6815)
- Advanced financial management (FIN 6806)
- Management of Information Systems and technology (ISM 6026)
- Operations management (MAN 6501)
- Leadership and Organizations (MAN 6296)
- Global business strategy (MAN 6721)
There are 12 credits for the elective or specialized credits. The specialized courses are:
- International business
- Health administration
- Operations management
- Big data analytics
- Management Information Systems
- Sport Management
- General MBA
The office of Executive Education supervises the reviewing process of student’s application, both the aspects of quantitative and qualitative aptitude of the aspirant’s professional or academic background is checked thoroughly.
Students should apply by July for fall semester and by November for the spring semester. The admission process is based on availability, students are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure admission into the program.
How to apply:
Students can apply for this program through the following steps:
- Submit current resume:
Students must submit a resume with three academic or professional references. The resume must have a reference name, title, company and also any other contact information that students may have.
- Submit unofficial transcripts:
Students must upload their unofficial transcripts from their bachelor’s program. If students have their official transcript copy, they should mail them to the admission authority. The students who have accomplished their graduation course from any foreign college must submit a course wise GPA evaluation from a foreign credentials evaluation service which is a member of NACES.
- Submit letters of recommendation:
The submission of scanned letters of recommendations is imperative. Recommenders should be any reputed persons from the academic or professional area.
The letter must elaborate and justify the work ethics, preparation process of the aspirants, the usage of your obtained degree etc.
After the verification of the submitted documents are done, the students will be informed about their admission status, if the aspirant is admitted, the next steps will be forwarded to him.
For more information about the application details, click here
The eligibility criterias to enroll in this course are:
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject. There is no particular background preferred here.
- GPA is average 3.0 or higher
- Four years of professional working experience
- GRE or GMAT score
Fall semester deadline: July 1 (domestic students) , February 15 (international students)
Spring semester deadline: November 1 (domestic students), July 15 (international students)
Summer semester deadline: April 1 (domestic students), January 15 (summer semester)
FAU MBA course fee:
- Per credit hour: $900
- Total number of credits: 40-46
- Total cost program: $36000-$41000
The tuition program for this course also includes:
- Textbooks and materials
- Refreshments and snacks on class night
- Digital parking permit
- Student ID card
- Guaranteed schedule for the entire program
- Pre-program orientation
- Access to workshops and seminars
- Full support: advising, tech support, financial services, career guidance
- Lifetime discounted rates on professional development courses
- 24/7 access to dedicated group study rooms
- Microsoft office products
- Tutoring services for quantitative core courses
- Graduation regalia
- Graduation banquet
FAU MB program Acceptance rate:
The acceptance rate of this FAU MBA program is 64%
FAU MBA Class profile:
- Applicants: 371
- Accepted: 236
- New entrants: 158
- Acceptance rate: 64%
- Average undergraduate GPA: 3.2
- Entrants providing undergraduate GPA: 99%
- Entrants providing GRE score: 8%
- Student with prior work experience: 100%
- Average months work experience of new entrants: 72
FAU MBA program Ranking:
According to Princeton University review, the FAU MBA program is ranked 37th (undergraduate)
and 41th (graduate).
Florida Atlantic University Campus
Click here to know more about Rice MBA