Florida international University has provided a specialized, full-time international MBA program (FIU MBA)which is regarded as one of the best MBA programs of the country. The duration of this program is one year. The classes and other activities of this program are conducted in daytime. The students pursuing this course have the opportunity to develop their global business understanding academically. Furthermore, the students can choose to study abroad, and experience an internship at any international business institutions.
This well-diversified international MBA program consists of students, attending from different parts of the globe. Florida International University’s worthy surroundings of Miami provides all the urban and multicultural opportunities to the students.
According to many entrepreneurs and business experts, the location itself provides the best environment for international business education.
Facts and details about FIU MBA program:
- The program time consists of 12 months.
- The program is full-time in nature with day-time classes at the Modesto Maidique Campus.
- Students will study and live in Miami, Florida which is considered as one of the best business hubs in the world.
- Exclusive opportunities of internships.
- An exclusive trip to attend a national career conference.
- 25+ seminars and workshops to develop critical and analytical soft skills.
- Unique opportunity to study abroad during the final summer semester.
Integrated degree program opportunities:
Students can carry on their graduation through choosing joint integrated degrees which cover up specialized areas of graduate business. The programs are following:
- MBA-Master of Science in Finance ( MSF)
- MBA-Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS)
- MBA-Master of International Business (MIB)
- MBA-Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MSHRM)
- MBA-Master of Science in International Real Estate (MSIRE)
- MBA-Jurisprudence Doctorate (JD)
- MBA-Master of Arts in Latin American and Caribbean Studies (MALACS)
During this program students have to attend four Professional Development Seminars to successfully complete their program and obtain their degree. Students will organise a team building, Presentation skills, Case analysis and Career Services PDS prior to the end of the first semester.
Furthermore, the core courses that this program provides are:
- Accounting for Managers:
Course code is ACG 6026, during this course students can develop their nature of presentation, various techniques and usages of business account management as well as investment strategies. This course covers both the fields of financial and management accounting.
- Business analysis and Decision making:
Course code is QMB 6357, Students need to have express their decent reviews of the relevant quantitative techniques for this course, including decision models, mathematical programming, statistics and forecasting. This course is a WebCT and Excel dependent course. College algebra , computer literacy and working knowledge of excel are main prerequisites for this course.
- Corporate finance:
Course code is FIN 6406, The course covers in-depth analysis of asset, liability and capital structure management. Throughout the course the subjects such as valuation capital budgeting techniques, risk evaluation, working capital management, and methods of short, intermediate and long-term financing are emphasized.
- Corporate Simulation:
Course code is MAR 6816, this course mainly focuses on application and integration of concepts and tools, participation in the marketing management of a firm in competition with other firms. This course is mainly conducted through a computerized marketing management simulation.
Prerequisites: ACG 6175, FIN 6406, MAN 6501
- Financial reporting and analysis:
Course code is ACG 6175. Throughout this course students develop their comprehensive treatment of analysis of financial statements as aid for decision making furthermore, the course also ventures on the topics such as current state of financial reporting practices and impact of published statements on economic systems.
Prerequisites: ACG 6026, FIN 6406
- Global Financial strategy:
Course code is FIN 6644, this course focuses on aspects of strategic financial environment and management of firms that function in a world wide platform. Prerequisites: FIN 6406.
- International business:
Course code is MAN 6608, in this course students can observe the environmental variables affecting international operations, trade and investment theories, international institutions and regional economic groups. Furthermore, this course also emphasizes on international finance, international accounting, international marketing and international management problems and issues.
- Legal environment of business:
Course code is BUL 6810, this course ventures current legal, regulatory , ethical and political issues within the context of public law. Topics such as employment, antitrust, administrative, cyberlaw, and contracts and tort are included.
- Marketing management:
Course code is MAR 6805, this course examines the analysis and application of theory and problem solving for marketing management in the global environment.
- Master’s project in management:
Course code is MAN 6974. This course is an interdisciplinary research project which includes field work,library research, computer modelling and so on.
- Business process and operational analysis:
The course code is QMB 6616, This course contains review of critical business analytical approaches , including linear programming, project scheduling, waiting line theory, time series analysis and so on.
- Organizational behavior:
Course code is MAN 6245, this course contains behavior, its causes, and management interventions to improve the effectiveness of any business organizations. Research methods are applied to study this course.
- Management of information systems:
Course code is ISM 6021, this course contains review of foundations and methodologies to critically observe any existing and proposed systems.
- Strategic management:
Course code is MAN 6726, throughout the course students understand the use of cases, guest lectures and gaming to integrate the analysis and measurement tools, the main focus of this course is to enhance the skill of decision making in an administrative context of uncertainty. Students are suggested to take this course in their last semester.
- Every aspirant should complete a four year bachelor’s degree from any accredited college or University.
- Every student must obtain at least 3.0 GPA in their undergraduate program.
- The minimum GMAT score for this course is 500 and GRE is 304. (GMAT, GRE scores are needed if any aspirant has less than two years of work experience)
- Aspirants who do not obtain any degree from the U.S must submit their English proficiency course, the minimum TOEFL score is 550, minimum score for IELTS is 6.5, Pearson test of English is 53.
Students must send the following information and relevant documents to the University authority. The necessary documents are;
- Official transcript
- Official proof of degree
- Necessary GMAT or GRE score (score criteria are mentioned above)
- Necessary TOEFL/ IELTS score
- A resume, consisting of the aspirant’s detailed chronological job description, and dates of obtaining degrees.
- Statement of purpose.
- Citizenship and immigration document
- Requirements for student visa.
Know more about application process
- U.S based applicant:
Online application: August 1
All supporting materials: June 1
2. International applicants:
Online application: June 1
All supporting materials: July 18
FIU MBA fees:
2020-2021 tuition Fee structure for Florida international University MBA (FIU MBA) has been gven below
- Florida residents: $21,139 approximately
- International students: $ 47,000
- Admission deposit: $ 200
For more details about the fees structure: https://business.fiu.edu/graduate/international-mba/tuition.cfm
FIU MBA Ranking:
The FIU full time MBA program is one of the most regarded programs of the country which is ranked 8th by U.S.News and World report (2020).
Acceptance rate is 55%.
- Minimum GMAT: 500
- Minimum GRE: 304
Below are the class profile of FIU MBA
- Total enrollment: 525
- Acceptance rate: 55%
- Average GMAT: 510
- Average GPA: 3.22
- International students: 1.33%
- US minority: 81%
- Female: 50%
- Male: 50%
- Age range: 20-60
- Average age: 31
To know more about MD MBA, read the MD MBA article