Florida State University offers a full time accelerated MBA program on campus which can be completed within one year. Accelerated or not the FSU MBA program offers the same top of the line standard curriculum which is taught by experienced full-time faculty members who provide individual attention along with advanced knowledge and skills you can immediately apply in any industry. The FSU MBA prepares the students for the fast-paced business world by building a strong foundation and teaching them the necessary skills and expertise..
The accelerated one-year FSU MBA program requires 39 credit hours. The students need to complete the core courses developed to strengthen their managerial skills in the fundamental areas like accounting, marketing, operations and strategy. The current core curriculum includes these following courses:
- Financial Reporting and Managerial Control
- The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
- Problems in Financial Management
- Professional Development
- Information and Technology Management
- Marketing Strategy in the Global Environment
- Organizational Behaviour
- Operations Management
- Business Conditions Analysis
- Strategy and Business Policy
Students also need to complete 12 hours of elective course work in addition to the core curriculum listed above. They are free to customise their FSU MBA program to prepare themselves for the specific business focus or career they have in mind. The application of analytical tools in specific business disciplines is the main focal point of the elective courses which include categories such as analytics, marketing, human resources, operations, finance or real estate. The students need to choose 3 elective courses (9 credit hours) from any of the following specializations:
- Business Analytics:
- Data Management
- Quantitative Methods in Business Analytics
- Probabilistic Optimization for Analytics
- Investment Management and Analysis
- Fixed Income Securities
- Multinational Financial Management
- Human Resources:
- Personnel and Human Resource Management
- Compensation Management
- Training and Development
- HR Analytics
- Management Information System:
- System Analysis and Design
- Project Management
- Corporate Information Security
- Marketing Analytics
- Services Marketing
- Big Data
- New Product Development
- Real Estate:
- Real Estate Finance
- Advanced Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Real Estate Investment
- Supply Chain Management:
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Electronic Business in Supply Chain Marketing
The admission to FSU MBA program is highly competitive. The selection is based on the portfolio of qualifications which includes academic performance, work experience, entrance test scores and letters of recommendation. To be eligible to apply one has to meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree from a locally accredited US institute or a similar degree from an international institution with a minimum of 3.0 GPA (on a 0.4 scale) on all coursework attempted.
- If an international applicant’s mark sheet is in any language other than English a translated copy should be provided by them.
- International students need to submit their English Proficiency Test (TOEFL or IELTS) Scores if their native language is not English. The minimum required TOEFL score is 100 on the internet-based test. The minimum score for IELTS is 7.0. The scores are only valid if they have been issued within the past two years.
- The candidate must submit their GMAT or GRE examination scores. However, the entrance exams might be waivered if an applicant has certain outstanding academic record and more than eight years of management experience.
How to Apply
To apply to FSU MBA program a candidate needs to register within the application deadline in the university’s official website. In addition to the candidate’s basic information he or she also needs to submit the following documents through the Florida State Graduate Application portal online:
- Applicant Statement
- Recently updated resume/CV detailing the candidate’s work experience including date, positions held and noting whether it was a full time or part-time employment. The applicant’s management, business and leadership experience also should be clearly stated.
- Three recommendation letters from either employers or former college professors are to be submitted in the online application by the recommender. The recommendation letter should be specifically about the applicant’s ability to complete the FSU MBA program.
- Florida Residency Declaration.
- The following documents should be mailed by post to the admissions office or e-mailed to [email protected]
- Official transcripts from every colleges and university attended by the student.
- International student’s TOEFL or IELTS test scores if their native language is not English. The code to send TOEFL scores to Florida is 5219
- Candidates need to provide their GMAT or GRE scores. The code to send GMAT score to Florida is PN8K567.
- Click the link to know more
The admission procedure at FSU MBA program is a two-fold evaluation process. The office of admissions decides if a candidate is eligible for admission and the academic department determines the student’s admissibility to the degree program. After you have registered, filled out the application form and uploaded all the necessary documents within the application deadline you are required to keep checking the Online Status Check (OSC) which allows you to monitor the status of your application. All the university decisions and communications will be available on your OSC account and e-mailed to you.
During the application process, a candidate needs to submit $30.00 which is non-refundable. The total estimated program cost for Florida residents is $18,693.48. The total estimated cost for international students is $43,318.08.
The application deadlines for applying to FSU MBA:
- March 1 for summer entry.
- June 1 for fall entry.
- October 1 for spring entry.
The FSU MBA holds an overall rank of 85amongst business schools in the US according to U.S.News.
The acceptance rate of FSU MBA programs is 60.8%.
The FSU MBA program is well renowned for its innovative curriculum and the capabilities of its strong alumni network. The FSU MBA program benefits from its unequalled access to top industry policymakers in the capital of Florida and they have an excellent career placement record. So if you are a highly motivated individual seeking a credible MBA degree then FSU is the place for you.