Information You Should Know for Enrolling in the Michigan Ross MBA Program
The two-year-long full-time Michigan Ross MBA program can prepare you to thrive in the dynamic global business environment. The Ross faculty of over 200 academic staff members include teachers that are top researchers in their field. This curriculum will give students a strong foundation that will last a lifetime.
The Michigan Ross MBA program is 24 months long and during that period students learn the core business skills, analytical business foundation, strategic framework and intellectual dexterity which will help them succeed. Students need 57 credits earned over their two-year course duration to graduate. Up to 10 credits out of the 57 required can be earned outside Michigan Ross at another school within the same university, including 97 programs.
In MBA 1, students will study the following modules:
- Fall A: Financial Accounting, Applied Microeconomics, Applied Business Statistics, and Corporate Strategy.
- Fall B: Managerial Accounting, Financial Management, Marketing Management, Leading People and Organizations, and Elective Course or Degree Requirement.
- Winter A: Operations Management and Elective Course or Degree Requirement.
- Winter B: Multidisciplinary Action Projects (MAP).
In MBA 2, students have the freedom to customize their course and choose the electives that interest them the most. They can choose from 24 formal dual degree programs, over 100 MAP projects and numerous other specialized courses for their electives. This also includes a STEM-designated track within the program. Students must choose one Elective Course for each of the fall and winter semesters.
Degree Requirements can be taken anytime in Year 1 or 2 and consists of the following courses:
- Competing in the Global Business Environment
- Complete Summer Business Experience
- Business Law
These core courses might be waivered by students able to exhibit their merit.
To be considered eligible for applying to Michigan Ross MBA course one has to meet all of the following eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- The candidate must have a college or university degree equivalent to an American four-year Bachelor’s degree. A three-year bachelor’s degree is accepted from countries that do not offer four-year degrees.
- The candidate must get through GMAT, GRE, LSAT, PCAT, or DAT examinations.
- If the candidate’s native language is not English he or she must provide TOEFL, PTE or IELTS test scores active at the time of application. However, if the candidate has completed an undergraduate degree from an institute where the sole language of instruction was English they do not need to provide English proficiency test scores.
How to Apply
To apply to Michigan Ross MBA program a candidate needs to register within the application deadline in the university’s official website. In addition to the basic information like name, age, nationality, mail ID, educational credentials required to fill out the form the candidates will also have to provide the following document at the time of application:
- A candidate has to upload the transcripts of all the graduate and undergraduate courses. Along with degree documents and diploma, if applicable.
- Candidates need to submit their standardized GMAT, GRE, MCAT, LSAT, PCAT or DAT test scores. Due to Covid-19, this step might be waivered by students if they wish to do so.
- The candidates who are applying from other countries have to upload their English language test results if not exempted from it as per the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates are required to submit their updated resume which provides current educational credentials, professional work experience, community service and interests. The resume should include dates that match your application. The entire resume should be no longer than one page.
- Candidates need to answer a short answer type question in less than a hundred words per essay. Two essays must be attempted, one from each group. Topics for Group 1 are: a) I want people to know that I. b) I made a difference when I. c) I was aware I was different when. Topics for Group 2 include: a) I am out of my comfort zone when. b) I was humbled when. c) I was challenged when.
- Candidates need to write a career goal essay in two hundred words about what their short-term career goal is and why.
- The candidate must have one recommender, preferably a supervisor, project manager or mentor who should be able to answer questions regarding his or her professional performance and work style. The university uses the GMAC Common Recommendation form.
The admission procedure at Michigan Ross MBA program has two parts. One is the application part and the other one is the interview round.
- Application Part: After you have registered, filled out the application form and uploaded all the necessary documents within the application deadline you are required to wait for the interview round.
- Interview Round: After the application deadline passes the applicants will be informed about the timeline for interview invitations and next steps within a few weeks. The interviews are by invitation basis only and conducted by current university students or Ross alum. The purpose of the interview is to understand how the candidate presents his or her experiences and accomplishments in a professional setting.
During the application process, a candidate needs to submit 200 US Dollars which is non-refundable. The course duration is two years and the tuition fee for each year in Michigan Ross MBA program is 71,048 US Dollar for Non-Michigan Residents. Other additional annual costs for accommodation, insurance, books, personal expenses, mandatory fee and international fee amount to 22,084 US Dollar.
There are four rounds of application for the Michigan Ross MBA program. They are four completely distinct periods in which you may apply. International students are advised to apply during round one or two. You need not apply more than once.
- Round 1: Deadline – September 14, 2020. Decision- December 4, 2020.
- Round 2: Deadline – January 4, 2021. Decision – March 17, 2021.
- Round 3: Deadline – March 29, 2021. Decision – May 5, 2021.
- Round 4: Deadline – June 1, 2021. Decision – June 25, 2021.
The Michigan Ross MBA full-time program that the university offers holds an overall rank of 17 in the US according to Bloomberg.
The acceptance rate of Michigan Ross MBA programs is 27%. The average score in the GMAT exam is 720.
The Michigan Ross MBA program is a top choice for students as it attracts the best students from all over the world, who are guided by leading faculty. It has an excellent placement record and students are recruited by the world’s most sought after employers. It also offers a harmonious and inclusive environment for students from across the globe to study in. Enrol yourself now and give your career an admirable boost.
To know more about Johnson Cornell Tech MBA, click here