Sitting in the heart of Houston, Rice University School of Business (Jones) has been steadily stepping up the global ladder in terms of ranking. Rice MBA programs are taught by engaging faculty, who are known nationwide. They also provide excellent career support and have a plausible placement record. The Rice University MBA program builds students to face the challenges of the corporate world and you can get lifelong benefits from this course.
The full-time Rice University MBA Program is two years long. Regardless of what your individual career goal is Rice will guide you through it. The course was designed keeping in mind candidates who are looking forward to a major transition. Students here develop quantitative competency and workplace skills that the employers are searching for.
Rice University MBA program has acquired STEM designation for all the MBA programs. The STEM designation is a forthright response to the data-driven business environment, employer demands and student interest. Rice MBA graduates are renowned in the marketplace for boundless problem-solving skills, reflecting a curriculum grounded in quantitative and data analytic methodologies across disciplines. That is now represented in the STEM designation.
Rice University full-time MBA students follow the core curriculum in the first year and then choose from more than over a hundred electives in their second year.
The core curriculum is designed for full-time MBA students to provide them with in-depth knowledge of the subject which will build a strong foundation for all of their future endeavours. The compulsory core classes which extend throughout the two semesters in the first year have the following courses:
- Fall– Managerial Economics, Financial Accounting, Data Analysis, Organizational Behaviours, Competitive Strategy, Negotiations, Finance, Leadership, and Marketing
- Spring– Corporate Social Responsibility, Formulation and Implementation, Operations Management, Managerial Accounting, Leading Changes, Strategic Business, and Global Field Experience.
Custom core courses: Business-Government Relations, Business Law, Economic Environment of Business, Management Control, Action Learning Project and The New Enterprise.
Elective Course Options for the First Years: Finance, Marketing, Operations, Real Estate, Health Care.
After the core course requirements has been fulfilled, second-year students have more than a hundred electives to choose from to tailor the program to fit them best individually. The various courses offered in the MBA program are listed in Rice University’s website, which includes Government Relations, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Real Estate, Applied Predictive Modelling, Corporate Responsibility, Portfolio Management, Business Law, Operations Management, Applied Risk Management, Brand Strategy and more.
Curricular Practical Training (CPT):
Rice University MBA Program has a long-standing tradition of students partaking in work experience during their course tenure. This a compulsory part of the curriculum which ensures that the students have strong professional work profiles.
One must meet the following eligibility criteria mentioned below to be considered eligible for applying to Rice University MBA Program:
- The candidate must have a four-year bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- The candidate must have cleared GRE or GMAT tests. They are required to submit valid scores from the last five years.
- International students, who studied in universities where the primary language for education was not English, need to take English Language proficiency tests. Candidates should get through TOEFL or IELTS before the deadline of the round they have applied in. However if the candidate has studied at least one semester or worked at least for one year in an English speaking country, the language proficiency test requirements will be waivered.
- The applicant should have around 2 to 8 years of work experience. The average work experience being 5 years.
How to Apply
To apply to Rice University MBA Program, in addition to the personal data, employment history and details about student club interests required to fill out the form, the candidates will also have to provide the following documents at the time of application:
- Students need to submit their educational history and transcripts of all college and universities where they received a degree.
- Candidates must provide valid GMAT or GRE scores from the last five years. However, they can exempt this step if their GMAT Waiver Request has been approved by the university.
- International students need to clear language proficiency test, if not excused from it as per eligibility criteria.
- Applicants need to submit their updated Resume in a 70-10-20 rule, sketched out to fit the profile of a Rice Business Candidate.
- Students can submit up to 3 recommendation letters using the GMAC Common Recommendation Format. They might submit only one if it’s from their current direct supervisor, otherwise, they ought to submit two professional recommendation letters.
- Candidates must compose three required essays with a word limit of 500 each. They might also film if they want, a video (duration 1-3min) instead, for either essay 1 or 3.
- Applicants may attempt another optional essay or personal statement (word limit: 750).
Click here to apply for the program
The admission procedure at Rice University MBA consists of two parts, namely the application part and the interview round.
- Application Part: Once you have filled out the application form and uploaded the necessary documents within the application deadline you are required to wait for the interview round.
- Interview Round: After your application has been submitted a virtual interview will be conducted with an admissions counsellor.
The current application fee has been waivered for 2020. An enrolment deposit of $2,500 is required at the time of admission which will be applied to your total tuition fees in the first term. The two years estimated tuition and fee for Rice University MBA is $128,932.
- Round 1: Deadline- October 16, 2020.
- Round 2: Deadline- January 5, 2021.
- Round 3: Deadline- April 1,, 2021 (International).
April 15, 2021 (Domestic).
Rating of Rice University MBA
The Rice University (Jones) MBA holds an overall rank of 25 amongst the best business schools in the US according to US News.
The acceptance rate of Rice University MBA program is 39%. The average score in the GMAT exam is 706.
The Rice University MBA program is one best choice for students from all over the world. Besides having experienced faculty members who mentor students proficiently, it also offers students international opportunities, career support, and impressive placement. So enrol now and earn an MBA degree from a top-ranked university which will change your life for the better.
Rice University Campus Gallery
To know about SDSU MBA, click here